On successful completion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- demonstrate basic knowledge of words.
- analyze words.
- develop problem-solving skills.
- apply in real life.
- Letter: A, a, B, b etc.
- Consonant: other than A, e, i, o and u.
- Vovel: A, e, i, o and u
- Semi-vowels: W & y
- Word: A group of letters
=> Word: A group of letters that has meaning is called a word.
- Dog etc.
=> If a group of letters has no meaning then it is not called a word.
2.2 Formation of words
L + L + L ==> Word
- C + O + W = Cow
- D + o + g = Dog etc.
L + L + L + L ==>Word
……. so on.
- D + O + l + l = Doll
- A + p + p + l + e = Apple
…….. so on.
2.3 One Letter Words
2.4 Two Letters Words
2.5 Practice Set
1.What is a word?
2. Write a word of each letter?
3. Write 3 words starting with A.
4. Write 3 words starting with B.
5. Write a word having only single letter.
6. Write words having two letters.
7. Write words having three letters.
8. Write words having four letters.
9. Write words having five letter.
10. Which of the followings are words
11. Arrange the following letters and form a word.
- Word is a group of letters that has a meaning.
- A: Apple , B: Boy, C: Cat, D: Dog, E: Elephant , F: Fish, G: Girl, H: Home, I: Ice-cream , J: Jug, K:King, L:Lion, M: Man, N: Nose , O: Orange , P: Parrot , Q:Queen , R: Rat, S: Sun, T: Tiger, U: Umbrella , V: Van, W: Watch, X: Xerox , Y: Yak, Z: Zebra.
- Apple, Ant, Aeroplane.
- Boy, Bat, Ball.
- At, No, On etc.
- Boy, Cow, Bat etc.
- Lion, Nose, Girl etc.
- Apple, Horse, Queen etc.
- Cow, bat , zoo.
- apple, boy, cat, dog, elephant , fish, girl, home.
Q1. Write 10 words.
Ans. Apple , Boy, Cat, Dog, Eat, Fish, Girl , Home, Intelligent , King.
Q2. Write five words having five letter.
Ans. Enter, Tiger, Fight, Force, Money.
Q3. Define a word.
Ans. A word is a group of letters that has a meaning.
Q4. Is Jyoti a word?
Q5. Is joy a word?
The exam will be conducted after the completion of the course.
2.9 Ask Question
Ask your doubts here
- See all chapters here
- Counting from one to hundred: एक से लेकर सौ तक गिनती
- Punctuation Mark: विराम चिन्ह
- Roman Numerals : 1 to 3000
- Words Start with letter G
- Words Start with letter F
- Words Start with letter E
- Words Start with letter D
- Words Start with letter C
- Words Start with letter B