On successful completion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- demonstrate basic knowledge on adjective.
- analyze uses of adjectives.
- develop problem-solving skills.
- apply in real life.
- Letter: A, a, B, b etc.
- Consonant: other than A, e, i, o and u.
- Vovel: A, e, i, o and u
- Semi-vowels: W & y
- Word: A group of letters
- Sentence: Group of words
- Parts of speech: Noun, pronoun etc.
- Noun: Touch, See or Fee
- Kind: Type
- Gender: Sex
- Countable: Which can be counted
- Uncountable: Which cannot be counted
- Pronoun: Substitute of noun
- Adjective: Qualifies a noun/pronoun
=> Adjective: A word that qualifies a noun/pronoun.
- black etc.
Let’s see the following sentences:
- I am a good boy.
- You are bad.
- She is fat.
- The car is red.
Table 7.1 Adjective : Opposite words
=> Articles: A/An & the are called articles.
7.3 Use of A/An
1.A/An is used for singular countable nouns.
- a boy
- an umbrella
- a girl
- an actor etc.
2. a is used for consonant sound of the first letter of the singular countable noun.
- a boy (consonant sound= b)
- a girl (consonant sound=g)
- a university ( consonant sound=y)
3. an is used for vowel sound of the first letter of the singular countable noun.
- an owl
- an apple
- an ant etc.
4. A/An is used before adjective/adverb followed by singular countable noun.
- He is a boy.
- He is a good boy.
- He is a very good boy.
- It is an ant.
- It is a small ant.
- It is a very small ant.
7.4 Use of The
1.Before predefined word
- The pen is red.
- This is the boy.
- I know the bag.
2.Before a particular thing.
- The bag is red.
- Give mme the car.
3.To denotes singular common noun
- The cat eats rat.
- The dog barks at night.
4. Before name of rivers/sea/ocean/mountains/islands/Epic books/news papers
- The Ganga, The Krishna, The Atlantic Ocean, The Himalaya, The Ramayana , The Quran , The Hindu, The Times of India etc..
5. Before a thing that is only 1 available in this universe.
- the sun, the moon, the earth etc.
6. Before superlative degree
- the mmost beautiful , the best boy etc.
6. Article is not used for proper noun.
- the BBihar (❌
- the Sita (❌
7.5 Practice Set
1.Underline all the adjectives in these sentences:
- Hemant is a good boy.
- Sima is a poor girl.
- You was ready.
- The girls were happy.
- I have three balls.
2. Make sentences with the help of the following adjectives:
- A word or a group of words that makes complete sense is called a sentence.
- What is this? , This is a book. , Okay.
- What is this?, I’m sorry., I’m running.
- What is your name?, My name is Query., You are very lucky.
- What is your name?, My name is Query Karo.
- This is a boy., That is a boy., Who are you?, My name is Query Karo., What is your name?
Q1. Write one word sentence.
Q2. Write five sentences having five worda.
Ans. This is a good girl., Your name is so nice., I read in class two., My father is very good., May I borrow your pen?
Q3. Define a sentence.
Ans. A word or a group of words that makes complete sense is called a sentence.
Q4. Is it a sentence?
Q5. Is a sentence it?
The exam will be conducted after the completion of the course.
5.11 Ask Question
Ask your doubts here
- See all chapters here
- Counting from one to hundred: एक से लेकर सौ तक गिनती
- Punctuation Mark: विराम चिन्ह
- Roman Numerals : 1 to 3000
- Words Start with letter G
- Words Start with letter F
- Words Start with letter E
- Words Start with letter D
- Words Start with letter C
- Words Start with letter B