- Learning Objective
- Basic understanding
On successful completion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- demonstrate basic knowledge of percentage.
- analyze the concept to find percent.
- develop problem-solving skills.
- apply in real life.
- Percentage: %age
- Average: Mean
- Numeral: Number
- >: Greater than
- <: Lesser than
- =: Equal to
- Ascending: Increasing
- Descending: Decreasing
- Order: Sequence
=> The term per cent means out of 100.
e.g 6 per cent means 6 out of 100 =6/100= 6-hundredth.
=> Percent is denoted by %.
e.g 6% = 6/100 = 6-hundredth
Percentage —-> Fraction (or decimal)
Rule: Divide the given %age number by 100
e.g1. Express 20% as a numeral.
Sol. 20% = 20/100 = 1/5 = 0.2 ans.
e.g2. Express 23% as a decimal.
Sol. 23%=23/100 = 0.23 ans.
Percentage <—- Fraction (or decimal)
Rule: Multiply the given number by 100
e.g1. Express 3/4 as a percentage.
Sol. 3/4 = 3/4 x 100 = 300/4 = 75%
e.g2. Convert 0.2 into percentage.
Sol. 0.2 = 1/5 = 1/5 x 100 = 20%
Ex1. Find 5% of 200.
Sol. 5% of 200 = 5/100 x 200 = 10
Ex2. What percent of 85 is 17?
Sol. X% = 17/85 x 100 = 20%
Ex3. What is the number whose 12% is 54?
Sol. 12% of X = 54
12/100 x X = 54
X = 54 x 100/12 = 450
Ex4. What percent is 7 m 80 cm of 65 m ?
Sol. 7 m = 700 cm
80 cm = 80 cm
Thus, Total = 780 cm
And, 65 m = 6500 cm
Therfore , X% = 780/6500 x 100 = 12%.
13.3 Practice Sets
- Fill Type
- Match Type
- Order Type
- Conversion Type
- Compare Type
- Error Type
- Statement Type
- True/False Type
- Related Type
- Day-to-Day Type
- Miscellaneous Type
1.Express each of the following as a fraction in its lowest terms.
2. Express each of the following as a decimal.
3. Convert each of the following fractions into a percentage.
4.Convert each of the following decimals into percentage.
5. Find the value of
6. Which of the following are meaningless?
7. Compare and put symbol >, < or =in the placeholder.
8. Fill in the blanks.
9. Cross (x) the Roman numerals which are not written correctly.
10. Write the following Roman numerals in ascending order.
11. Write the following Roman numerals in descending order.
12. Solve & write the answer in Roman numerals.
13. Complete the following table.
The exam will be conducted after the completion of the course.
13.7 Ask Question
Ask your doubts here
- Counting from one to hundred: एक से लेकर सौ तक गिनती
- Punctuation Mark: विराम चिन्ह
- Roman Numerals : 1 to 3000
- Words Start with letter G
- Words Start with letter F
- Words Start with letter E
- Words Start with letter D
- Words Start with letter C
- Words Start with letter B